The opt-out feature for Email Campaigns allows you to set up auto-forwarding on Gmail and stop the notification messages from buyers who opted out of non-critical emails for their Amazon purchases. Once Jungle Scout receives the first email, it will stop sending out subsequent messages to that particular buyer.
The following tutorial video will show you how to set this option directly in your Gmail account:
You can find your auto-forwarding email address if you go to the Email Campaigns section and click the funnel icon to the right of the Stats button. A pop-up will appear with the email address you need and the video tutorial in case you need it for reference:
⚠️ Please note that this option only works with Gmail accounts if the address is directly connected to your Amazon account. This means that the Seller Central email address that receives those notifications should be the same Gmail address you use to set the auto-forwarding option.
Setting Up the Opt-out Feature
Just follow these steps:
- Copy the email address shown on your Campaign Filters
- Go to your Gmail account and make sure your language settings are set to English, even if it's only temporarily (if you have another language, the necessary code might not reach you).
- Click on the Settings icon () on the top, right-hand side of your screen and select the Settings option from the menu:
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and look for the Forwarding section. Then click the Add a forwarding address button
- Enter the address you copied from Jungle Scout in the pop-up window and click Next button.
- A verification window will ask you to confirm you are forwarding to the correct address. Click Proceed and you'll be informed that the confirmation code has been sent to your inbox. Click Ok.
- Go back to your Gmail inbox and look for our email with the confirmation code and copy it.
- Now go back to the Gmail Settings menu and click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab once more, there you will see the option to verify the code:
Next, you need to create a filter. Copy the email address you have been getting these emails from. It might be similar to this one: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the Filter and Blocked Addresses tab and then on the Create a new filter option.
Paste the email address from the notification on your filter settings on the 'From:' field. Copy a small part of the text of the body of the email, such as: We were unable to deliver the message you sent and paste it on the 'Has the words:' field, then click on Create Filter.
- Finally, just set the action you want to complete. Make sure the option Forward it to: (your designated blacklist email) is ticked and that the correct address is shown. Then click on the Create Filter button:
Once you create the filter any buyers that opt-out of these emails will be removed from any future communications.
💡 If you'd rather use a 100% Amazon compliant solution to fully automate the review request process for your orders, don't forget to check out Review Automation!