Have you ever got those emails from Amazon letting you know your message could not be delivered? So have we, you are not alone!
You get these because Amazon allows buyers to opt out from non-critical emails for their purchases, resulting in a number of emails bouncing out and a lot of notifications coming in. So we implemented a feature that allows you to setup auto-forwarding on Gmail and stop these notification messages from Amazon.
Once Jungle Scout receives the first email, it will stop sending out subsequent messages to that particular buyer.
Check this tutorial video to learn how to set this option directly in your Gmail account:
You can find your auto-forwarding email address if you go to your Email Campaigns page and click on the funnel icon to the right of your Stats button. A pop-up will appear with the email address you need and the video tutorial in case you need it for reference:
Before you start, please note that this option works with Gmail accounts if the address is directly connected to your Amazon account. This means that the Seller Central email address that receives those notifications should be the same Gmail address you use to set the auto-forwarding.
Now you can follow these steps:
- Copy the email address that appears on your Campaign Filters found on your Email Campaigns page as seen above.
- Go to your Gmail account and make sure your language settings are set to English, even if it's temporarily. If you have another language the code you need might not arrive.
- Click on the Settings icon () on the top right side of your screen and then select the Settings option from the menu:
- Once there, click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and look for the Forwarding section and click on the Add a forwarding address button:
- A pop-up window will appear for you to enter the address you copied from Jungle Scout previously. Paste it and click on the Next button.
- A verification window will show asking you to confirm you are forwarding to the correct address, click on Proceed and a confirmation will appear next letting you know the confirmation code has been sent to your inbox. Click Ok.
- Go back to your Gmail inbox and look for our email with the confirmation code and copy it.
- Now go back to the Gmail Settings menu and click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab one more time, there you will see the option to verify the code:
Almost there! Now you need to create a filter. To do this first copy the email address you have been getting these emails FROM. It might be similar to this one: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the Filter and Clocked Address tab and then on the Create a new filter option.
Paste the email address from the notification on your filter settings on the 'From:' field. Copy a small part of the text of the body of the email, such as: We were unable to deliver the message you sent and paste it on the 'Has the words:' field, then click on Create Filter.
- Finally, just set the action you want to complete. Make sure the option Forward it to: (your designated blacklist email) is ticked that and the correct address is showing. Then click on the Create Filter button:
And you should be good to go! Once you create the filter any buyers that opt out of these emails will be removed for any future communications.