Promotion codes are created inside Seller Central. It is crucial to complete this step correctly because once the codes are issued, the settings cannot be changed from within Jungle Scout. You can only edit this information inside Amazon.
Generating Promotion Codes
I. For North American Marketplaces (US, Canada, and Mexico), click the Advertising tab and select Promotions.
II. For European Marketplaces (UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) click the Inventory tab and then select Manage Promotions.
The next steps are the same for all marketplaces unless indicated otherwise:
- Go to the Manage Product Selection tab
- In the Product Selection Type dropdown, select ASIN List
- Click Create Product Selection
- Paste or type in the ASINs that you want to be part of the promotion. The codes will only work for ASIN’s you enter here. One code will work for any ASIN you include in this list. If you have variations and want the buyer to be able to select any variation, enter all the variation ASINs.
- Name the group of ASINs in the ‘Product Selection Name’ field.
- Click Submit
- Go to Create Promotion tab
- For North American Marketplaces, click Percentage Off. For European Marketplaces, click Money Off
- Step 1 → Promotion Details
- Buyer purchase: at least this quantity of items = 1
- Purchased items: Select the product group you just created
- Buyer gets: Percent off. Fill in the percentage off you would like the buyer to receive when they use your code.
- Applies to: Purchased items
- Tiers: You can apply tiered discounts if you would like. For example: buy 1, get 25% off, buy 2, get 30% off etc…
- Step 2 → Scheduling
- Add start and end dates as well as start and end times.
- The soonest the codes will be active and working from Amazon’s side is 4 hours after you create them in seller central. This means you should set the start time in JS to at least 4 hours after the start time in Amazon.
- Enter a tracking ID for your reference. This will show up on your Amazon reports so you can see which orders used your discount codes.
- Step 3 → Additional Options
- Claim Code: Single-Use
- Make sure the One Redemption Per Customer option is checked
- Claim Code Combinability: Preferential
- Expand the Customize Messaging menu.
- Detail Page Display Text: NOT checked. If this were checked, it would make the promotion public on Amazon and not limited to the Launch Promotion buyers.
- Click Review
- Check the details
- Click Submit
- Click View or Manage your Promotion link now available or use the Manage Promotions tab, select the promotion (may need to change dropdown selections to make it visible), and select View on the far right.
- Click Manage Claim Codes
- Create a Group Name
- Quantity: enter the number of codes to create
- Click Create
- Click Download to export the codes as a text file to your computer
- Open the text document with all of the codes, copy and paste them into Jungle Scout
Here's a handy video demonstrating these instructions in action:
💡 Note that for EU Marketplaces - UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain - There are 2 differences from the instruction in the video below.
- 1. Access the Manage Promotions section from the Inventory tab instead of the Advertising tab.
- 2. On the 'Create Promotion' tab you will see 'Money Off' instead of 'Percent Off'.
Everything else is the same!