This is a vital part of setting up your Promotion. At Jungle Scout we do everything possible to help you make sure your promotions (and codes) are set up correctly to protect your super-important investment.
**Important note: It's extremely critical you follow these instructions to ensure your inventory doesn't fall into the wrong hands! Also, Inventory Protection will only work on the main ASIN connected to the promotion. It won't protect the variations, so we strongly recommend running one promotion per ASIN, even if you have multiple variations.
If you miss a step or choose to opt out of the inventory protection feature, your codes could be used more than once (i.e. one person could use the code then pass it along to their friend and they could use it as well), one person could purchase multiple units at your discounted rate, or even worse all of them...and your code could be publicly displayed on your Amazon listing!
Ultimately, it's important to check that these three limitations are applied to your promotion(s) before activating your deal:
1) That your codes are single-use so they can only be used one time and by one person
2) That your code is not publicly displayed on your Amazon listing
3) That the Inventory Protection feature is active for your Jungle Scout promotion(s)
Our Inventory Protection Feature
To protect your stock, please go through these steps to make sure the feature is properly set in your Jungle Scout Promotion.
Note that activating the feature allows you to limit all your buyers to purchase only one item per order (or as many as you want, if you're okay with that) for the duration of your promotion. This will limit purchases made at a regular price too, but it only needs to be active while the promotion is.
- First, please log in to your Jungle Scout account and click on the Launch tab, there go to the 'Promotions' page.
- From there, click on the orange 'Create new' button at the top of the page:
- Find the promotion you are already running in your 'Promotions' tab and click on the Draft or Published button depending on the promotion status, it will turn gray as you hover over:
- Once you're in, the Inventory Protection feature can be found in Step #3 of the promotion set up. There add the maximum number of units you want people to get per order while the Promotion is active in Seller Central. After the Promotion ends you can leave the quantity as Unlimited as there is no risk once this is over in Seller Central:
Again, please make sure that you create your promotional discount codes and activate inventory protection correctly! Remember that the protection feature will only work for the ASIN that is directly connected to the Promotion. If after reading this you still choose to run a Promotion that works on multiple variations, you will need to set max order limits manually to protect them.
We hate hearing stories about people making mistakes with these processes and, as a result, end up losing a lot (and sometimes all!) of their inventory...and we don't want the same thing happening to you!