You've decided to promote your Amazon product on Jungle Scout. Great!
Just follow these steps to create your first Promotion:
- First, make sure the product is active on your Product settings page because only active products can be used to create Promotions.
- On your Jungle Scout navigation menu choose the Launch option and then click on the Promotions tab. There you will see an orange Create new button:
- Step #1: Choose Product, click an ASIN from the list or you can search it on the box. Again, remember that only active products that haven't been added to another promotion will appear. If you have other ASINs that already have a Promotion, they will be greyed out and a message will appear as you hover over them. Click the product you want and click the Next Step button:
- Now on Step #2: Edit Listing, most of the information for the product will have populated automatically but you can edit the title or description as needed. Scroll down to choose your product category, the shipment method and the support email address you wish customers to use in case they need to contact you:
- Next, and probably the most important step in this process, is Step #3: Inventory Protection and deciding whether or not you want to use this feature for your promotion.
We highly recommend protecting your inventory! Here just add the maximum number of units you want people to get per order during the promotion and then after the promotion ends, here you can use the Unlimited option since it's not at risk once the promo ends in Seller Central. Then set the Start and End date of your promotion and click on the orange 'Next Step' button once you are ready:
However, if you do decide to continue your promotion without using the Inventory Protection, you will have to check the 'No' option and click the disclaimer box, stating you understand that Jungle Scout is not liable for lost inventory. Without checking that box, you will not be able to continue.
- Now in Step #4: Create Coupons it's time to create the single-use promo codes in Seller Central for your listing if you haven't already. This step includes a video explaining how to get those codes and it is extremely important to want to make sure you create them correctly...so feel free to watch it twice! :)
- After you've created your codes with the same Start and End date you added in Jungle Scout, please enter the discount amount used in Seller Central and check that the final price matches. Then paste the coupon codes into the list of 'Single-Use Coupon Codes' field. Then click on the orange 'Next Step' button:
- Step #5: Approve Shoppers, choose between manually approving requests to purchase your product one at a time or having the system approve the requests automatically.
- If you want to approve requests manually, simply click on the 'I wish to manually approve shoppers' option and then click on the orange 'Next Step' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- Or, if you want to have your requests approved automatically, please click on the 'Automatically approve shoppers' button. That will cause the window to expand, and you'll be required to enter the upper limit of requests you want to be approved.
To set the limit, click on the down arrow in the '0' field and then click on the maximum number of shoppers you want to be approved by the system. You can choose a minimum of one approval, and a maximum of 99. Once you've set your approval limit, please click on the orange 'Next Step' button:
- Now you're at the final step of the set-up process! Step #6: Final review, it allows you to preview your Promotion with all the settings you placed. How many codes were added, whether or not you chose the Inventory Protection feature, the end date of your listing and whether you choose manual or automatic approvals and more!
- If you're happy with your promotion, you can either click the 'Publish' button if you want to activate your promotion immediately or just click the 'Update' button at the top to save it and publish at a later date:
And you're done! Here's a successful promotion, with lots and lots of requests. :)
** Please note, at any step of the promotion set-up process, you can save your draft. Just click on the Actions... menu at the top and choose the 'Save as Draft' option.