Jungle Scout’s Opportunity Finder helps you discover profitable niche product ideas with ease. You’ll be able to identify top niches on Amazon that fit your criteria using custom filters.
How can Opportunity Finder Help me?
With this feature you’ll be able to:
- Discover new product ideas that are related to your current brand or products
- Find potentially profitable niches with high demand and low competition
- Analyze trends with historical data graphs
- Identify high volume searches
- Easily evaluate opportunities using Niche Scores
What Marketplaces are Supported?
Opportunity Finder supports Amazon.com (US) and all European Marketplaces → UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, and France. You’ll be able to pick a winning niche regardless of which Amazon store you sell in.
How do I use Opportunity Finder?
Opportunity Finder helps you determine if you should pursue a specific niche based on the top 1 million user searches on Amazon each month.
You can use these data points to discover new niche product ideas and then use Extension or the Product Tracker to validate these ideas.
Ready to get started? Just follow these steps!
- From the left-hand navigation panel, click Find Products → Opportunity Finder
- Select your marketplace from the drop-down menu
- Next, you can choose one or multiple categories (Opportunity Finder will search for niches in each of the parent categories you choose to include in your search results).
- Now it’s time to set your filters:
🔸 Average Monthly Units Sold: This lets you choose the average monthly units sold for listings in this niche
🔸 Competition: This is based on keywords and number of reviews. Aim for competition in the low to medium range
🔸 Average Monthly Price: Select the average sales price for listings in this niche
🔸 Niche Score: The Niche Score is graded on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is the highest opportunity and 1 is the lowest. The score is calculated based on the demand, competition, and the quality of the listings in this niche
🔸 Monthly Search Volume: This represents the number of times this keyword has been searched in the last 30 days.
💡 You can also save your filters or load one of the preset filters we’ve created for you. For more information on saved and preset filters, please check out this article.
- To customize your filters, just move the slider buttons accordingly. The left-hand button will move the slider towards higher numbers, while the button on the right-hand side of the bar will move the slider towards lower numbers.
- To find niches associated with specific keywords, enter those terms in the Include Keywords search box (separate keywords with commas). Likewise, if you’d rather omit niches associated with certain keywords from appearing in your results, just enter those terms in the Exclude Keywords search box (again, make sure you separate those keywords with commas).
- Lastly, you also have the option of preventing top brands from being displayed among your results. Just tick the Exclude Top Brands box to enable this.
- Once you are done choosing your presets, click Search:
Now it's time to review your results to find profitable niche product ideas! You can sort any of the columns by ascending or descending order (just click on the column header to reorganize them).
By clicking on the pull-down arrow next to the niche, you’ll be able to access the historical data graphs for each attribute:
You'll notice that, besides average units sold, average price and search volume, you also have the ability to see Seasonality:
Low seasonality means a shorter peak during that season. Very high seasonality means a keyword’s peak demand is much higher and lasts only a few weeks. Not Classified means we're still collecting data.
Stay tuned for additional features like Reviews and Sourcing Suppliers!