The Jungle Scout Web App now includes a powerful keyword research tool called Keyword Scout! Its included at no extra cost as part of all subscription plans! Keyword Scout is like having a marketing crystal ball for your Amazon FBA products.
Please note that Keyword Scout only supports the US market at this time, but we are working on similar solutions for other Marketplaces.
- Get hundreds of keyword suggestions by searching with a keyword or competitor ASIN.
- Know the exact and broad search volumes for high-converting keywords.
- Estimate how many daily Jump Send promotional giveaways are needed to rank your product.
- Suggested bids for Amazon PPC and HSA ads.
- All of this is included with the Starter, Standard, and Business plans for the Jungle Scout Web App.
How do you use Keyword Scout?
Just like all of our tools, we wanted to ensure that Keyword Scout was not just powerful, but easy to use too.
Here's how you can use Keyword Scout to find profitable keywords in 10 seconds or less:
- Login to your Jungle Scout account. https://members.junglescout.com
- Click the Keywords menu button at the top of the screen. It's the one next to Niche Hunter, and before the Chrome Extension link.
- Select the Keyword Scout tab and enter your product's keyword or ASIN. You can also specify a category for your search.
- Review your keyword opportunities. You can sort them by:
- Keyword. All results alphabetically ordered.
- Exact match search volume. This is the number of times this exact keyword is searched for on Amazon in the past month.
- Broad match search volume. This is the number of times this keyword and any related keywords such as synonyms, phrases, etc. are searched for on Amazon in the past month.
- Dominant category. This is the Amazon category where products related to the selected keyword are found most often.
- Recommended giveaway. For your Jump Send product launch promotions, this clues you in on how many units of this product to giveaway daily.
- HSA bid. These are the estimated headline search ads bids for the selected keyword.
- Exact PPC bid. This is the estimated exact bid PPC rate for the selected keyword
- Ease to Rank. This score indicates your keyword ranking potential. The Keywords that have the higher scores will rank easier.
- Add your keywords to one of your existing lists or create a new one if needed. You can also export the keywords as a CSV (spreadsheet) file or save them in the product for quick reference.
- To add keywords to a list, select them from the list by ticking the checkbox and hover over the top box to see the menu. There you can add to a Keyword List or Create a new one:
- Add the keywords into your Amazon PPC manual campaigns.
That's how you can find out what keywords are most relevant and profitable for your Amazon product and how to keep them organized to make sure the best ones make it to the listing.
What else can Keyword Scout do?
Estimate your Amazon PPC and HSA costs in advance.
Here's a tip: Amazon conversion rates (that's the percentage of people who view your product listing and purchase your product) tend to be between 10-15% for products priced under $40. So you can estimate the ACoS (advertising cost of sales) for your Amazon product by first multiplying the keyword's suggested PPC or HSA cost by 10 (for 10% conversion rate) or 6.67 (for 15% conversion rate) then dividing that number by your product's target sales price.
For example, if the keyword bamboo stick has a suggested PPC bid of $0.75, at a 10% conversion rate and a sales price of $19.95, your ACoS should be roughly 37.50%. At a 15% conversion rate it will be about 25%.
Discover how many shoppers are searching for products like yours every month.
With Keyword Scout, you can see just how many searches are being done with keywords related to your Amazon product/product idea.
This gives you a huge advantage, because now, not only can you estimate how well products are selling on Amazon using the Jungle Scout Chrome Extension or Niche Hunter, but you can also see how much room in the actual market there is for new sellers.
Save your preferred keywords, create lists and keep them organized
Browse through your Keyword Scout results and easily add the chosen keywords to your existing lists or create new ones as needed.
Why Keyword Scout and not other keyword tools?
Keyword Scout may not be the first, but it is the first accurate, quick and easy-to-use tool that returns high-quality keywords.
We would have loved it if someone else built Keyword Scout first, so we wouldn’t have needed to do it ourselves! But what we found, and what our customers told us, was that the other tools on the market were seriously lacking.
To start, their data tends to be inaccurate. The competition estimates Amazon search volumes using Google or Bing data. This probably goes without saying, but those sources tend to lead to very poor quality data. People go to Google to search how to do something, while people go to Amazon to search for something to buy.
The intent of the user is very different and, therefore, the search phrases and volumes in Google and Bing are greatly different than the search phrases and volumes in Amazon.
The other huge problem with the competition’s keyword tools is their search results are largely made up of the Amazon autocompletes.
For example, if I were to type in “marshmallow sticks”, our competitors’ returns are usually words like this:
These keywords are fine, but they all include the words 'marshmallow' and 'sticks'! That means we could just bid for “marshmallow sticks” in broad match and we would show up for all of those results.
It has given us ZERO new keyword ideas.
Keyword Scout, on the other hand, includes a lot of new keyword ideas that are relevant for Marshmallow Sticks. With those 2,535 results, we've got all kinds of excellent keyword ideas! People use marshmallow sticks for camping, s’mores, fire pits, etc., so these would be great keywords to include in our listing.
How does Keyword Scout get its data?
The search volume values come straight from Amazon.
The data is not search volume “estimates”. These are actual search volumes, straight from the source. No one else has data more accurate than Keyword Scout.
For the recommended giveaway values, these are derived from helping tens of thousands of sellers launch products on our sister product, Jump Send.
We’ve helped sellers launch their products through giveaways and can now estimate how many giveaways would be required to rank in the top three spots for a respective keyword. The number of giveaways shown in Keyword Scout is what would be required for the first 7-14 days to achieve the top three spots.
This is an estimate, because individuals factors like conversion rate, price, quality of listing, etc. would all come into play. But this number can be used as a great starting point.