Keyword Scout pulls millions of performance keyword data points to show ad tracking, search volume trends, and PPC costs. You can use the various filters and columns to maximize these results and save your filter settings for future searches.
The number and type of available filters depend on your search type. Remember that you can search for a keyword (short or long-tailed), a single ASIN, or up to ten ASINs simultaneously.
|Filters||Keyword Search||Single ASIN Search||Multi ASIN Search|
|Ease to Rank||✔||✔||✔|
|Organic Product Count||✔||✔||✔|
|Sponsored Product Count||✔||✔||✔|
|Keyword Search Volume|
|Search Volume Exact Match (30 Days)||✔||✔||✔|
|Search Volume Broad Match (30 Days)||✔||✔||✔|
|Keywords Include & Exclude|
|Estimated PPC Bid|
|Exact Match (30 Days)||✔||✔||✔|
|Broad Match (30 Days)||✔||✔||✔|
|Highlighted ASIN Rank|
|Searched ASINs Count|
|Organic ASINs Count||❌||❌||✔|
|Sponsored ASINs Count||❌||❌||✔|
|Searched ASINs Average Rank|
|Organic ASINs Rank||❌||❌||✔|
|Average Sponsored Rank||❌||❌||✔|
|Highlighted ASIN Relative Position|
|Relative Organic Position||❌||❌||✔|
|Relative Sponsored Position||❌||❌||✔|
|Include All Variants||❌||✔||✔|
Keyword Search Filters
- Word Count: The number of keywords in the search terms
- Product Category: The most common parent category for the top 10 ranked listings.
- Ease to Rank: How easy it is for a new product to rank for this keyword. It is measured when collecting data for a specific keyword. We take a snapshot of the 50-100 products we get from this data and assess the number of times the keyword shows up in the title of those products. The less it shows up, the ease to rank is higher or better; the more it shows up, the ease to rank is lower or worse.
- Organic Product Count: The total number of products Amazon returns when searching for this particular keyword.
- Sponsored Product Count: The most recent number of sponsored products ranking for that specific keyword.
- Exact Match (30 Days): The number of times this exact keyword has been searched in the Amazon catalog in the past 30 days (excluding the singular/plural form and misspellings).
- Broad Match (30 Days): The number of times this keyword and any related keywords (synonyms, phrases, etc.) have been searched in Amazon in the last 30 days (excluding the singular/plural form and misspellings).
- Include/Exclude Keywords: Customize your results by selecting which specific keywords you want to include or exclude in your search. You can enter multiple keywords in the relevant field separated by commas.
- Estimated PPC Bid (Exact Match 30 Days): The Estimated exact match bid rate for PPC (Sponsored Product ads) for the selected keyword
- Estimated PPC Bid (Broad Match 30 Days): The Estimated broad match bid rate for PPC (Sponsored Product ads) for the selected keyword
Single ASIN Search Filters
Includes all the previous filters, plus the following:
- Highlighted ASIN Organic Rank: This is the organic position of the ASIN selected for comparison (does not consider sponsored ASINs).
- Highlighted ASIN Sponsored Rank: This is the sponsored position of the ASIN selected for comparison (does not consider organic ASINs).
- Highlighted ASIN Overall Rank: This is the ASIN's overall positioning in the search results (it includes both organic and sponsored products).
- Include All Variants: If you disable this option, your results only include keywords for the specific ASIN you entered. If you enable this option (move the slider right), your results will include keywords for all variants.
Multi-ASIN Search Filters
All the above filters are included, as well as the following:
- Searched ASINs Organic Count: Indicates how many competitor ASINs you entered rank in the top 100 organic products for that keyword (excluding the ASIN selected for comparison).
- Searched ASINs Sponsored Count: Indicates how many competitor ASINs you entered rank in the top 100 sponsored products for that keyword (does not include the highlighted ASIN).
- Searched ASINs Avg. Organic Rank: This is the average organic rank for the competitor ASINs you entered (basically, how well these other ASINs are ranking for this keyword on average).
- Searched ASINs Avg. Sponsored Rank: This is the average sponsored rank for the competitor ASINs you entered (basically, how well the ads for these other ASINs rank for this keyword on average).
- Highlighted ASIN Relative Organic Position: The organic rank of the ASIN selected for comparison relative to the other ASINs. For example, if the highlighted ASIN ranks higher than its competitors, the rank will be 1.
- Highlighted ASIN Relative Sponsored Position: The sponsored rank of the ASIN selected for comparison relative to the other ASINs.
When you have your results, you can customize your experience by selecting which data points you want to see. This can be done by narrowing down your search results and using the Columns options to tailor the information according to your needs.
- Click the Customize Columns icon at the top of the table:
- Select the columns you want to be displayed in the table, and drag and drop to reorganize them. Once complete, click Save to confirm any changes:
Average Search Volume and Insights
Clicking any of the results in the table will display the Average Search Volume chart.
This will show you search volume trends for that keyword for a specific time period. In addition to the graph, you can view the average sales volume for the last month and a quick "one-liner" summary of the trend. Depending on your plan, insights will update dynamically based on the values and trend data for 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years.
This additional information can help you better understand the trend and determine if the keyword is popular, to help you make informed decisions.
Use the Insights section to view detailed information on search volume trends.
Keyword Insights is designed to help businesses better understand keyword performance. It is specifically tailored to assist with the analysis stage of the process, and it does this by identifying trends and highlighting opportunities for improvement. By providing detailed comparison charts, Keyword Insights enables you to quickly and easily identify areas where you may be falling short and take action to address these issues. With its intuitive interface and powerful features, this tool is an essential resource for any business looking to stay ahead of the competition.