The Opportunity Score is an in-house algorithm that helps you quickly gauge the opportunity of a group of listings.
You will see this option at the top right corner in the Extension. The Extension Lite does not have this feature, upgrade to access it.
The Opportunity Score factors in the demand for a product according to units sold, competition or how many sellers there are, as well as the quality of similar listings.
The scale is from 1 to 10 where 1 is the lowest opportunity and 10 is the highest.
1 - 3 opportunity scores: There is little opportunity for you to enter markets where the score is this low. Low scores indicate there is not enough demand or the competition is too high.
4-5 opportunity scores: These may be good products but need more research. Try searching using alternate phrases and re-check the opportunity scores as you go.
6-10 opportunity scores: These are the best opportunities and you'll want to start digging into these products more. Add the top results to your Product Tracker and check back on the results often.
Since the Opportunity Score uses data that is always changing (sales and competition) to determine the score, the Opportunity Score can change from day to day as well.
The Opportunity Score uses data from all listings that are displayed when you run the Extension. You can remove listings or extract the next pages of results. This will also change the Opportunity Score. You can use this function to narrow down the results to very specific product listings and get an idea of the opportunity that exists.
If the Opportunity Score is not showing up
Here are a couple of possible reasons why the opportunity score might be missing from your extension:
1. Check your current extension version to make sure you have Jungle Scout: Extension. The Lite version (Jungle Scout: Lite Extension) does not have access to the Opportunity Score.
To check, go to chrome://extensions/ , look for 'Jungle Scout: Extension', and make sure it is toggled on.
Please note, you must also have a current Extension subscription plan in order to use the Extension. Just downloading it to Chrome without a subscription plan won't work. You will be asked to login when you use the Extension and you will be unable to login without a valid subscription plan.
2. The next thing to check would be that you are on a Product Results page on Amazon before you run the Extension. The Extension only works on pages where it can gather data about listings on the page. If there are no listings on the page, the Extension can't do its job and no Opportunity Score (or any other data) will be displayed.
The Opportunity Score won't display on an individual Product page as there will be no metrics for demand competition or listing quality other than the single products.
As a test, you can go to this link and check if you see the Opportunity Score when you run the Extension:
a. If you do, you are good to go!
b. If you still don't see the score while running the extension on the results above, a possible reason is that the LQS column is not yet activated. To see if that's causing the issue, let's check the following:
- Click on the three lines in the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Next, click on the Customized View button at the top of the list.
- Make sure there is a checkmark next to the Listing Quality Score metric and click the Apply Changes button:
This will enable the Listing Quality Score column. Try and run the Extension again to see if the Opportunity Score now appears.
If you need any further assistance, please reach out to support at email@example.com